Apply for an Award of Science and Maths Excellence
Now it's time once more to prepare to take part in the Awards of Science & Maths Excellence during 2014 - 2015.
Enter your roll number in the field below to start your application process
Awards of Science & Maths Excellence (AoSME)
Each year we are amazed by the amount of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) work in primary schools all over the country. Last year we presented 517 schools with Awards of Science & Maths Excellence. Each year it is so encouraging to see both schools that have really captured a whole school approach to engaging students in science, and schools that are starting this journey with a few of their classes.
This year to ensure we continue to recognise all this effort, two awards will be available as follows:
- A Certificate of STEM work in School
- A Plaque of STEM Excellence for deeper engagement, whole school involvement and external science engagement
We hope that you and your school will participate this year, there are 5 steps but we think you’ll find them helpful as a new way of bringing life to science and maths in the classroom and if they are divided out between classes then it's not too onerous for anyone!
From January 5th until March 20th 2015 you can register your school’s intention to apply for an AoSME here on this website. This is to give us an indication of how many schools will be participating in the coming year. We will be asking at that stage whether you intend to apply for the Certificate of STEM or the Plaque of STEM Excellence in 2015.
Immediately after the Easter holidays you will receive an application form (if you have registered) which must accompany your Log of Evidence.
The closing date for receipt of Logs of Evidence accompanied by the application form is 5pm on Wednesday 13th May 2015.
Logs of Evidence
- Logs are simply evidence that the STEM work has been carried out. Your log should provide only the evidence that the adjudication panel needs to demonstrate that your school meets all the criteria required.
- The evidence included can be students’ accounts of work carried out, photos, videos, etc.
- Logs can be paper based or electronic. For the sake of the planet we recommend electronic!
- We will give details of how to submit your electronic logs (to a file sharing site) on the application form. Logs will NOT be accepted by email.
- Logs should be divided, and marked clearly, into sections as per each Step of the Criteria (eg Step 1 – Science, Step 2 – Technology, Step 3 - Engineering, Step 4- Maths, Step 5 – STEM Showcase).
Download details of the Awards for 2014 - 2015. [124 Kb PDF Document]