The concept of the game is based on the Food Pyramid or the idea of eating a good selection of food types per day from each of the five main food groups -
- Fat, High Fat/Sugar Snacks, Food & Drinks [very small amounts]
- Meat, Fish, Eggs & Alternatives [Any 2 servings]
- Milk, Cheese & Yoghurt [Any 3 servings]
- Fruit & Vegetables [Any 5 servings]
- Bread, Cereals & Potatoes [Any 6+ servings]
Nutritionists recommend eating a variety of foods from each of these categories to maintain a balanced and healthy diet. In the game, players have to collect enough food in the correct proportion from each of the five categories.
Visit the Safe Food website for more information on healthy eating.Link to Top of Page